The Professor Albert Speer – Foundation was established in 1994 by Prof. Albert Speer. The Foundation’s mission is to support and educate students and graduates in the fields of architecture and planning who have not yet turned 35. Fellowship holders are supported in realizing outstanding projects and the Foundation also advances architecture and planning at the international level.
In 1994 Albert Speer set up a foundation which, with its notification dated December 13, 1994, the regional government office in Darmstadt approved as the
“Professor Albert Speer – Foundation”.
The purpose and organization of the foundation are regulated by the charter dated November 11, 1994 and its revised version from November 2007:
“The foundation shall exclusively and directly pursue charitable purposes (…)”
“The purposes of the foundation shall be realized in particular through:
- the awarding of a prize for outstanding achievements in the field of architecture and planning to persons who have not yet reached the age of 35,
- the organization of cultural, artistic and scholarly events (...) and of proprietary charitable research projects,
- the organization of lectures, courses and other events of a cultural, artistic, scholarly or educational nature (...),
- the promotion of international discussion on the advancement of architecture and planning,
- the production and distribution of proprietary publications in the field of architecture and planning,
- the awarding of scholarships to persons who have not yet reached the age of 35 and the support of young academics in the field of architecture and planning.”